BALLOT TITLE FOR STATE QUESTION NO. 777
This measure adds Section 38 to Article II of the Oklahoma Constitution.
The new Section creates state constitutional rights. It creates the following guaranteed rights to engage in farming and ranching:
- The right to make use of agricultural technology
- The right to make use of livestock procedures, and
- The right to make use of ranching practices.
These constitutional rights receive extra protection under this measure that not all constitutional rights receive. This extra protection is a limit on lawmakers' ability to interfere with the exercise of these rights. Under this extra protection, no law can interfere with these rights, unless the law is justified by a compelling state interest-a clearly identified state interest of the highest order. Additionally, the law must be necessary to serve that compelling state interest.
The measure-and the protections identified above-do not apply to and do not impact state laws related to:
- Eminent domain,
- Dominance of mineral interests,
- Any state statutes and political subdivision ordinances enacted before December 31, 2014.
SHALL THE PROPOSAL BE APPROVED?
FOR THE PROPOSAL - YES
AGAINST THE PROPOSAL - NO